A bird's nest may be the culprit for a fire callout to one of Hamilton's main-street eateries, reports Stuff.
Firefighters with a ladder truck were at The Bank Bar and Brasserie around 5pm on Wednesday.
They were called to investigate a smoke-logged building, Fire Northern Communications shift manager Paul Radden said.
The issue turned out to be a blocked chimney, Lawrenson Group HR and compliance manager Aimee Laing said.
"They believe that there was a bird's nest in there and that would have started smoking.
"Someone's walked past, seen a bit of smoke, they've called the fire brigade."
Wednesday's dinner service wouldn't be affected as there was no smoke inside the building, she said.